The Everything Guide to Study Skills by Cynthia C. Muchnick is free today from the Amazon Kindle store, and you can pick up your free copy by clicking here or typing in http://amzn.to/pr3VpO into your computer’s web browser.
Here is the book’s description from the Amazon website:
• Includes all the basics, plus new information on web research, digital textbooks, virtual classrooms, and online study and writing tools
• Fifteen percent of students take the SAT three or more times due to poor performance (Newsweek.com)
• Only 63 percent of all students entering four-year colleges have their degrees within six years, according to government statistics (USNews.com)
• The Everything® Study Book has sold more than 37,000 copies• Everything® education titles have sold more than 305,000 copies. Studying for school doesn’t have to be a chore. This fun and accessible resource is perfect for students who want to develop better study habits and achieve academic success. Educational consultant Cynthia C. Muchnick helps readers improve transcripts for college applications; ace standardized tests; and become better, more successful students at any level of education.This indispensable guide shows students how to:
• Get the most out of class time
• Use the most effective strategies for note-taking and memorizing
• Improve writing skills
• Prepare effectively for tests
• Safely and effectively conduct online research
• Use Skype, iChat, or social media to form study groupsWith The Everything® Guide to Study Skills in their backpack, readers will be able to balance school and activities, avoid pre-test panic, and achieve consistently better results.
Cynthia Clumeck Muchnick, MA is an accomplished educator, author, and educational consultant. She worked as an Assistant Director of Admission for both the University of Chicago and the Illinois Institute of Technology, taught SAT prep for the Princeton Review, and was a high school history teacher. Currently, Cindy is an educational consultant, privately counseling 8th- through 12th-grade students. She assists students with class selection, study and writing skills, planning extracurricular/summer activities, test prep, and college admission. She presents seminars and workshops on high school and college success, writing college essays, the college application process, and study skills. Cindy is the coauthor of Best College Admission Essays.
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week subscription! Click here for the Amazon page for Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tips.
Check out our revised Facebook page and give us a “like” by clicking here or typing in http://on.fb.me/mgfbook into your computer’s web browser!