I made a mistake when I ran the updated version of my book, Free Kindle Books and How to Find Them, for free last week so I am running it again today. I updated this book for what I call “version #9” earlier this month: key changes were the addition of a lot of links to the free books by genre in the Amazon Kindle store. If you like the book, I would appreciate your taking a moment and writing a review for it and, if you don’t care for it, how about sending me an email (kindle at gagler dot com) and let me know how you think it could be improved?
What was the mistake? Well, many of you couldn’t get a copy of it because the Amazon server said you had previously purchased it and wouldn’t let you get it again. There is a workaround and if you previously purchased one of the “old” versions, and you want to get this new version, you will first need to remove the old version from your Kindle account – I’m not talking about just deleting it from your Kindle, you will need to delete it permanently from Amazon’s records. I talked about how to permanently delete a Kindle title late last week, but here is how you can do it so you can obtain this title:
- First, remove the title from your Kindle.
- Second, go to the “Manage Your Kindle” section of the Amazon web page at http://www.amazon.com/myk
- In this section, locate the book in the search bar just below the “Your Kindle Library” header. If you have lots of books, for example, in your library it will take some time for all of them to load. You should search for this book by my name (Michael Gallagher) or by title (Free Kindle Books and How to Find Them)
- Once you have located the title, click the “Actions” icon located to the right of the title..
- Choose the “Delete from library” option.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear next, asking if you are sure you want to delete this title. Assuming you really want to delete it, select the “Yes” option.
Now that you have permanently deleted the title, you can click here or type in http://amzn.to/lVq4tV to go to the book’s page and “buy” it (for free) again and Amazon will deliver it to your Kindle. Here’s to hoping 50,000+ copies are given away today!
Hope that helps!
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week subscription! Click here for the Amazon page for Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tips or type in http://www.tinyurl.com/fkblog into your computer’s web browser.
Check Out My Other Blog, “Kindle Books for a Buck (or Less),” with a primary focus on the independent author as there are jewels beyond the “name brand” authors. You can check it out by clicking here or typing in http://amzn.to/kb4abuck into your computer’s web browser. Who knows, you might find a new favorite author!