I’ve been asked this question a few times this week – how do you read the blog using your Kindle Fire? Here is how you can read it for free:
The Pulse app is pre-installed on your Kindle Fire, and the Pulse app basically is a collection of various blog posts and news feeds: as long as your Kindle Fire is connected to an active Wi-Fi connection, the blog posts and news feeds will be updated throughout the day. While you need an active Wi-Fi connection to update the news feeds, because the blog posts and news articles are stored on your Kindle Fire you can read them while you are offline or not connected to the Internet.
To add my two main blogs or any other blog to the Pulse app, just follow these steps in order:
- From the Kindle Fire home page, tap the Apps tab.
- Locate the Pulse icon and tap it one time.
- A list of existing feeds will now appear. To add a blog or newsfeed, scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap the blue “plus” or + icon.
- Tap the search icon located at the top of your touch screen (it looks like a magnifying glass).
- You will see an input line titled “Source name / keyword / url” at the top of your touch screen. Tap that line one time to display the virtual keyboard at the bottom of your touch screen.
- To add the Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tips blog, just type in “fkbt.wordpress.com” (without the quotations), then tap the “Search” icon located at the bottom right-hand side of your touch screen.
- To add the Kindle Books for a Buck (or Less) blog, just type in “ebooksforabuck.wordpress.com” (without the quotations), then tap the “Search” icon located at the bottom right-hand side of your touch screen.
- After you tapped the “Search” icon for either of the options above, the name of the blog should now be displayed on your touch screen. Tap the blue “plus” or “+” icon located to the right of the blog’s name to add it to your Pulse feed.
I hope that helps!
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week subscription! Click here for the Amazon page for Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tipsor type in http://www.tinyurl.com/fkblog into your computer’s web browser.
Check out my new Kindle guide, Kindle Fire How-To Guide: Your Guide to Tips, Tricks, Free Books, and Startup. You can check it out if you click here or type in http://amzn.to/firebook into your computer’s web browser.