Okay, the long-awaited announcement of the new Kindle is here but, rather than one new Kindle, there are four:
- Kindle Fire – a full-color, 7” multi-touch with WiFi for $199 – click here or type in http://amzn.to/kindlefiretablet with your computer’s web browser to see it
- Kindle Touch 3G: a 6” Kindle with free worldwide 3G and WiFi for $149 – click here or type in http://amzn.to/kindletouch3g to see it
- Kindle Touch WiFi: a 6” Kindle with WiFi for $99 – click here or type in Kindle Touch WiFi to see it
- Kindle (new for 2011): a 6” Kindle with Wifi for $79 – click here or type in http://amzn.to/kindlefall2011 to see it.
This is exciting news – new gadgets and great prices. More to come on each in later posts – I figure you can read about them yourself vs. me doing a copy and paste from the Amazon website – but I will tell you just ordered a Kindle Fire (will be released on November 15), and this is a direct competitor to the iPad. Here are some of the features of the Kindle Fire:
- Watch over 18 million movies, plus all of the TV sshows, songs, magazines, and books from the Amazon store are available.
- Thousands of apps available now with more to come – the Droid operating system has the fastest-growing app development going on now.
- Fast web browsing.
- All of your Amazon content (books, movies, songs, periodicals, etc.) will be stored for free on Amazon’s cloud servers.
- Color touchscreen.
- Dual-core processor.
- If you are an Amazon Prime member, there are over 10,000 movies and TV shows you can watch for free.
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week subscription! Click here for the Amazon page for Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tips.