Phoenix Publishing offers one free eBook each month in a variety of eBook formats, including the Kindle; I’ve picked up a couple of really good novels from them for free that they concurrently have for sale in the Amazon Kindle store for prices up to $9.99. This month’s free pick is called The Multiplex Man by James P. Hogan, which won the Prometheus Award for Best Novel when it was first published; you will be pleased to note while this book costs $9.99 on the Amazon Kindle website, you can get it for free if you follow these instructions:
- Point your computer’s web browser to www.ppickings.com
- Scroll down about one-half of the way on the right-hand side until you see The Multiplex Man – this page is a little “busy” with lots of text and images.
- Click on the “FREE EBOOK of the Month” text immediately under the book’s cover.
- Your computer will next open up a new web browser, which asks you for a coupon code. The code for August is: 99922991
- Once you type in the coupon code, click the “submit” button.
- You have the option of signing up for their free eBook newsletter. That’s your choice (I obviously signed up), and you do not have to sign up in order to receive the free eBook.0 Make your choice and click the appropriate button.
- At the next screen, scroll all the way down where you have a choice in what eBook format you would like to receive the eBook; you want to choose the “Mobi” version as that is the one most compatible with your Kindle. IGNORE the links on the right which are the purchase options, as you are getting this one for free.
- You will next have the option of opening or saving the file. Let’s choose “save” and make sure you save it to a location on your computer you will remember.
- As a final step, you will need to transfer the eBook from your computer to your Kindle: that’s a fairly easy process. If you don’t know how to do that, you can click here to read my free guide on how to transfer content to your computer. This is the same guide I charge 99 cents for in the Amazon Kindle store, but you get it for free.
Here is the book’s description:
Who is Richard Jarrow?
Is he the unassuming, mild-mannered teacher he thinks himself to be or something much more?
And how does the brilliant scientist named Ashling fit into the picture?
The Multiplex Man (winner of The Prometheus Award) is an intriguing thriller set in a future where every aspect of life on Earth is micromanaged by authorities who consider any deviation from the prescribed path as dangerous.
Off-world colonies are considered dangerous enemies threatening to take Earth’s precious resources .
Jarrow must find Ashling, who holds the key not only to Jarrow’s own identity but to freedom itself.
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week subscription! Click here for the Amazon page for Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tips.